This Summer 2022 we are rolling out our first series of new QuotesWork online classes to help you learn how to make NVivo work for you.
We are offering you the opportunity to trial the classes before we add them to our NVivo training program roster. In return, we ask you to participate in an evaluation of the online format of this training.
Interested? Here’s what you need to know.
About the classes:
Our first series of live online classes focuses on topics geared to the “NVivo novice”…someone who is brand new to NVivo. The classes also work well for those who have not used NVivo since it was called Nudist or NVivo 7 or 9 or 11…and are looking for a refresher.
Classes are aligned in learning pathways based on two criteria:
- Data format (i.e., documents or spreadsheet/survey data)
- NVivo program (i.e., NVivo for Windows or NVivo for Mac)
There are 4 classes to choose from. Participating in all 4 will provide an excellent overview of the main NVivo features you need to know to get you up and running in your NVivo project.
- Get Started with NVivo
Learn the software basics, NVivo’s sample projects, how to set up the workspace and your NVivo project, and how to import Files.
- Coding in NVivo
Learn multiple ways to approach and create codes, how to work with your codes once they’re created, and how to use NVivo features like Coding Stripes and the Codebook to further your analysis.
- Using the Notes in NVivo
Learn about some of NVivo’s powerful Notes features – Memos and Annotations (and in Windows only – See-Also Links), and learn how to use Memos to track analysis and form the initial drafts of reports.
- Starting with Queries in NVivo
Learn how to set up and run Word Frequency Queries, Text Search Queries, Matrix Coding Queries – along with the visualizations they produce and how to interpret them.
What to expect:
- Classes are taught live online by Laura – a Certified Platinum NVivo Trainer with 20+ years’ experience – in the latest version of NVivo (R1.6).
- Each class is limited to 15 participants.
- Classes are 1 hour long.
- Participants will remain for a 30-minute evaluation focus group conducted by an independent evaluator (Laura will leave the session after teaching the class).
- Fill out our form to express your interest, provide information about your NVivo use, and identify your availability.
- Participants will be selected for classes based on their indication of learning pathways criteria and class interests, and invitations to attend will be sent by email.
- There is no fee to attend the classes.
We are looking for a sufficient sample size to conduct a quality evaluation. We need people who use NVivo for Windows or NVivo for Mac, and people who use document data or spreadsheet/survey data.
Come join me yourself, and spread the word by forwarding the link to this page to others – that could be your students, classmates, colleagues, anyone who is interested in learning NVivo.